The implementation of accounting systems of public institutions affects the financial activities of the institutions themselves, and it also has an important impact on the level of development of public institutions, which can maintain the sustainable development of public institutions and enable public institutions to obtain more significant economic and social benefits. Therefore, public institutions should strengthen the implementation of the government accounting system, comprehensively integrate the contents of the system, and adjust and innovate the original financial work to ensure the advanced and standardized financial work of public institutions, and promote the development of public institutions through a good system, so that they have better development prospects.
Here are the articles to answer, the doubts about the Analysis of the implementation of accounting systems in Public Institutions
Based on this, this article introduces the significance and challenges of implementing the government accounting system for public institutions and discusses the effective measures for public institutions to implement the government accounting system, to provide a reference for the development of public institutions.
In previous work, our government accounting adopted the working model of budget accounting. Although this model can improve management effectiveness, it is difficult to meet the needs of the development of the times if it is used for a long time. In the context of the new period, the government accounting system has been proposed, and the innovation of the accounting system has been achieved. It can not only re-plan the statements and accounting subjects of public institutions but also replace the original accounting standards and systems of public institutions.
The new accounting system will affect the implementation of the financial management work of public institutions. In this regard, public institutions should pay attention to the correct interpretation of the government accounting system, synthesize the actual development status of the unit, and rationally implement the various contents of the government accounting system to enhance the internal management level of public institutions and give full play to the functional role of public institutions.
Overview of the government accounting system
The government accounting system refers to a system of comprehensive recording and collation of the nature, purpose, quantity, and process of government financial receipts and expenditures. In the government accounting system, it is possible to visually describe and objectively analyze the specific implementation status of the budget. With the rapid development of society, public needs have also changed.
The government’s needs in public financial management have begun to develop towards transparency, and it is necessary to adopt a statistical accounting system to carry out financial management. The new accounting system integrates financial accounting and budget accounting adopts a more rigorous accrual system to replace the previous collection and payment realization system, and improves the normative and rigorous accounting work.
The significance of institutions implementing the government accounting system
(1) Significantly improve the quality of work
In the financial management work of public institutions, the government accounting system stipulates the completeness, comparability, and relevance of financial work, which can accelerate the improvement of the quality of work of public institutions.
- First, look at the problem from the perspective of comparability. Based on retaining the previous economic business content, the new government accounting system will add some new businesses to optimize the integration of various content in the financial management of public institutions. Through unified accounting standards and accounting requirements, the comparison of accounting information of various departments of public institutions is made more convenient, to obtain more intuitive data content, and lay a good foundation for the improvement of the quality of accounting information of various departments.
- Second, look at the problem from the perspective of completeness. The implementation of the government accounting system by public institutions can not only innovate and optimize the original forms of financial accounting, but also optimize and improve the accounting of assets and liabilities, standardize the estimated liabilities and cultural assets and liabilities, and then ensure the integrity of accounting information.
- Third, look at the problem from the perspective of relevance. The use of the government accounting system in public institutions can rebuild the form of accounting and accounting, and also upgrade some functions of financial accounting so that the budget work of public institutions and the government’s financial budget can be cleverly integrated, and the accounting functions can be fundamentally optimized and improved, to provide reliable information for the overall improvement of the quality of accounting work.
(2) Improve the quality of staff
For financial management staff in public institutions, their work is relatively less competitive and they will receive a more stable salary. The implementation of the government’s accounting system puts forward stricter requirements for the competence and literacy of financial managers, and will further urge relevant personnel to improve their abilities, work hard, change their original work concepts and work ideas, and establish a positive work attitude. This not only meets the new work needs in the context of the new era but also improves the quality of the personnel themselves.
(3) Clarify the status of one’s assets
The application of the government accounting system by public institutions in their financial and budgetary work will make public institutions more clear about their asset status. In the government accounting standards, the specific scope of fixed asset accounting is clarified, and the authority of institutions to use assets in actual business activities is pointed out.
Through a clear introduction to the authority for the use of assets, business units can accurately judge the feasibility of their work based on their interests and start accounting for fixed assets. In addition, the innovation and optimization of the government accounting system have further improved the asset accounting form of business units. The system more intuitively explains the status of the fixed assets of the business unit and points out a correct development path for the business unit.
The challenges posed by the government accounting system to public institutions
Although the implementation of the government accounting system by public institutions will greatly improve work efficiency and speed up the financial management of public institutions, it also poses huge challenges to the development of various tasks of public institutions, which are specifically reflected in the following points.
(1) Make the financial processing of public institutions more complicated
Under the new government accounting system, public institutions are bound to flexibly use parallel bookkeeping methods to cleverly integrate the financial accounting system into the government accounting system. Moreover, in the actual accounting work, it is also necessary to flexibly use the accrual system, which has also led to the cumbersome and complicated accounting processing of public institutions and put forward more stringent requirements for the knowledge structure and professional ability of financial managers. Requirements.
(2) Pay attention to the development of basic accounting work
In public institutions, the implementation and implementation of the government accounting system will transform the previous financial statement production methods and financial project accounting methods, and the innovation of such work requires the effective support of basic accounting work. In this regard, public institutions should further strengthen the basic accounting work, especially by updating the original accounting information system and improving the system functions, thereby significantly enhancing the efficiency and quality of system accounting, so that the level of accounting work has been significantly improved.
(3) Put forward strict requirements for the preparation of financial reports
Under the new government accounting system, public institutions must also implement a dual-reporting system, improve the traditional form of financial reporting, strengthen the handling of liabilities and assets, and improve the level of asset accounting. In addition, public institutions should actively consolidate the preparation of financial reports, and make rational use of financial statements in the process of making budget statements, to intuitively and truthfully reflect the financial situation and improve the quality of accounting information of public institutions.
The achievement of the above-mentioned work requires the accurate analysis of the financial management personnel of the institution so that they can invest more energy in the preparation of financial reports, to improve and improve the work so that the expected goals can be achieved.
An effective path for institutions to implement the government accounting system
(1) Strengthen the construction of the financial team and enhance the business capabilities of personnel
If you want to better implement the government accounting system, public institutions should strengthen the capacity-building of financial personnel.
- First of all, institutions can improve their personnel’s business capabilities through training, and use the reward and punishment system to enable financial personnel to actively learn the relevant content of the government accounting system.
- Secondly, financial managers can be selected to fully feel the internal and external environment of institutions, better implement the government accounting system, and strictly implement the various standards and requirements under the system, to enhance the effectiveness of financial talent construction. Financial personnel themselves should also have an in-depth understanding of the government accounting system and adjust their previous financial judgment thinking, to have strong workability and business level.
- Again, the leaders of public institutions must also accurately grasp the main points and contents of the new government accounting system, and accurately divide the financial work process, to coordinate the links between the financial department and other departments to make the accounting work system more perfect.
- Finally, we must actively carry out the training of existing financial personnel, and set relevant assessment standards, and only after passing the assessment can the personnel be put into post work, so that the professional ability of the staff can guarantee the effective implementation of the government accounting system.
(2) Improve the parallel bookkeeping system and improve the efficiency of management work
With the support of the new system, institutions should carry out parallel bookkeeping work by the principle of “dual foundation, dual function, and dual reporting”, which also requires institutions to improve the previous bookkeeping system.
- First of all, institutions should carry out basic accounting work by the specific requirements of the financial accounting accrual system, and clarify the accounting objects and accounting content to ensure scientific and accurate accounting.
- Secondly, institutions should improve the financial accounting information management system, improve the functions of the information system, simplify the accounting processes and steps, and strengthen the functions of accounting final accounts, performance budgets, etc., thereby providing technical support for the development of accounting work, so that work efficiency and work quality are significantly improved.
- Finally, in the process of implementing the budget work, the form of accounting for fund income and expenditure can be used to fully reflect the budget management level of the business unit. At the same time, it is necessary to complete the tracking and investigation of the budget and budget implementation status, to ensure that financial managers can complete their work by the plan, and to ensure the sustainable development of public institutions.
(3) Clarify the functional responsibilities of personnel and strengthen the implementation of the government accounting system
Accounting is an indispensable part of the financial management work of public institutions, plays an important responsibility, and is a key role in the implementation of various policies. In this regard, the work responsibilities of accounting personnel should be divided so that the efficiency and quality of accounting work can be guaranteed.
Although there will be many difficulties in implementing the government accounting system, various problems can be gradually resolved through the clarification of personnel responsibilities. Institutions should understand the important value of the division and implementation of rights and responsibilities, and make accountants aware of their responsibilities through practical actions, to give full play to their functions and functions.
First, public institutions should, by the relevant regulations in the government accounting system, allow accountants to guarantee the authenticity of accounting information, abide by professional ethics in specific work, and ensure that all information is not leaked; second, public institutions should help accountants clarify their responsibilities, optimize the accounting team, improve the literacy of personnel, and ultimately make the implementation of the government accounting system more efficient.
(4) Optimize the internal management system and improve the normative nature of management work
The innovation and optimization of the government accounting system not only determines the overall effect of the accounting of public institutions but also belongs to an important change in the internal financial management process of public institutions. For example, to further understand the time node of income recognition, it is necessary to improve and improve both financial and business and build a smoother communication mechanism for it, so that information transmission and information interaction are no longer difficult.
In addition, the new government accounting system also puts forward strict requirements for the asset management of public institutions. To solve the above problems, public institutions should establish a more reasonable internal management and internal control system to ensure the effectiveness of the implementation of the government accounting system.
In addition, public institutions should innovate the previous financial management system, not only to determine accounting standards, principles, and methods, but also to strengthen the application of the accrual system in accounting, and should sort out the relationship and responsibilities between themselves and subordinate units in an all-round way, and do a good job of research on the consolidated reporting system. Moreover, in this process, it is also necessary to reflect on the financial accounting function.
According to the actual development status and development needs of institutions, various accounting policies are scientifically selected, which cover the amortization period of intangible assets, the depreciation period of fixed assets, and the method of preparing for bad debts. When performing this work, the specific development situation of the institution should be integrated and the work content of each link should be reasonably determined.
For example, network information industry units or Internet-related institutions, their fixed assets will be rapidly updated with the changes of the times, and the intangible losses formed are particularly large. Therefore, when confirming the depreciation period, the actual situation should be taken into account and the rationality of its depreciation should be considered.
(5) Strengthen the construction of information systems to meet the needs of the reform of the accounting system
The advent of the Internet era has made the figure of information technology appear in various industries. To promote the stable development of the industry, information technology can be incorporated into management work. When institutions implement the government accounting system, they can also take advantage of the advantages of information technology to build financial information systems to enable the rapid development of financial information system construction.
- First of all, the staff of the financial department should form a strong sense of responsibility, use their organizational capabilities, and take the optimization of information systems as their top priority to meet the work needs of the development of the new period. In addition, a relatively complete and detailed work plan should be formulated, and the accounting information system should be comprehensively transformed to lay a solid foundation for the effective implementation of the government’s accounting system.
- Secondly, the financial department should seek the cooperation and help of other departments to build a multi-departmental collaborative information system, realize active exchanges and good cooperation, and work together for the construction of an information system.
- Finally, when building an accounting information system, financial personnel should sort out the previous information system problems and clarify the new system work requirements, to build a more scientific and feasible system construction plan, so that the information system can meet the work needs, and make information access and information admission more convenient and safe.